Manipulation of Mercy: When The State Controls the Church and Faith Based Initiatives.
“I AM the LORD your God, who brought you out Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
You shall have no other gods in hostility toward Me.”
“And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”
Somewhere along the path, the church appears to have forgotten God’s justice, let go of God’s Hand, and become the hands and feet of The Departments of Mercy of the anti-God governments.
Via non-profit status, tax-exemption favors, aids, grants, deductions, credits, and programs the church and many non-profits have become part and parcel of the bureaucratic Welfare State. This is the same social gospel secularization under government influence that has infected the Protestant churches of Germany, England and the Catholic nations across Europe. It is the social gospel slavery that cripples, manipulates and multiplies dependence on man rather than dependence on God. …Back to Egypt, yet, again. At the very least, back to the Wilderness until the generation of slave mentality has died. And folks, once again, reach up to grasp His Hands.
“Do not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds those who see
And twists the words of the righteous.”
So, what to do with all the poor folk, widows, orphans, and aliens?
The Bible and tradition are very clear that societies will always have folks that are poor. They also make clear that these folks are to be treated, as we ourselves would want to be treated should we be in this position.
Would you wish to be dumbed down, enslaved and dependent on an anti-God bureaucracy?
Folks are to be treated with respect, opportunity to provide for themselves, maintain their human dignity, and to follow God’s Laws. In reality, all human laws are to be reflections of God’s Laws. His Laws– written in stone, in human conscience, and mediated by the indwelling Counselor, are intended to bring benefits and blessings to mankind, now and for Eternity.
So what are some of those Laws and Principles, anyway?
- We are created to work.
Beginning in Genesis, Adam and Eve were created to work in the Garden. Once out of The Garden, they definitely were not spoon-fed. The Fourth Commandment, states: “Six days you shall labor and do all your work.”
The poor and the alien are also to work.
“When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do no go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen.
Leave them for the poor and the alien.”
Leviticus 19:9-10 again in 23:22-23
“When you are harvesting your field and you overlook a sheaf, do not go back to get it.
Leave it for the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that The LORD your God may bless you…olives…grapes….leave for the alien, the fatherless and the widow.
These grains, olives, fruits, veggies, milk and honey, did not just jump into poor folks’ cloaks or homes. They had to pick them, shake them, winnow them, glean them, grind them, harvest and work for them–themselves.
Exodus 23:10-12 restates the same concepts; the poor are to work. In fact, the Apostle Paul goes so far as to state a rule:
“If a man will not work, he shall not eat.” 2 Thessalonians 3:10.
The Thessalonians, just like most of the Roman culture, had developed an entitlement mentality.
That’s what happens after centuries of bread and circuses, food for votes and government funded entertainment.
- Idleness leads to corruption and produces more idlers.
The Apostle Paul addresses this idleness, too. “Keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the traditions you received from us. We were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you.” 2 Thessalonians 3:6-8
And again regarding young widows, who he counsels to marry, in I Timothy 5: 11-15
“Besides they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house and not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to.” (Cell phone to Internet to social media to food bank, to fast food to malls)
- Family is to take care of Family. Not the government.
I Timothy 5:4-8 “But if a widow has children or grandchildren, these should learn first of all to put their religion into practice by caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents for this is pleasing to God.”….
“Give the people these instructions, too so that no one may be open to blame:
If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”
Wow! Can’t say that I’ve often heard that message preached on a Sunday morning. Thankfully, we have been privileged to see and experience the blessings of this lived out in our own family, in our own church and in some other denominations, who still honor God, His Word, His judgments and His mercy.
- Mercy and Justice are to be locally administered and locally verified. = Local Accountability.
Mercy is to be done face-to-face, heart to heart, and reputation-to-reputation, with no need to outsource mercy, sending moneys and metrics out for Government analysis and redistributions, which engender Government dependence. “Egyptian Slave masters” should not get the credit for God’s provision.
“Give proper recognition to those widows who are really in need….No widow may be put on the list of widows unless she is over sixty, has been faithful to her husband, and is well known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the saints, helping those in trouble and devoting herself to all kinds of good deeds.” I Timothy 5:9-10
Notice the patterns of behavior- providing evidence, and their own form of local accountability? Fruit inspection is important. Personal responsibility has its rewards.
- Protect and encourage the individual’s Liberty, identity, and reputation via self-sufficiency that depends on God. (Not on man as slave master manipulating mercy for metrics outcomes)
“May The LORD repay you for what you have done.
May you be richly rewarded by The LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge.”
- Do not make folks bow in allegiance to other “gods”, governments or organizations. Do not cripple, coerce, corrupt, and control folks by making them dependent on labels, props and programs administered and orchestrated by the government or non-profit organizations that receive government grants, funds, aid, or taxpayer redistributions.
By doing so, these folks are placed under the control of other “gods.” These “gods” of insect authority, who are far removed from the recipients, induce layers of bureaucratic metrics much akin to the Roman Government and tax collectors, who were notoriously corrupt.
The Roman denarius coinage was issued by Caesar to pay Roman taxes to the Roman Caesars. On one side of the coin was the portrait of Emperor Tiberius, and on the other side of the coin was the inscription in Latin: “Tiberius Caesar Augustus, son of the divine Augustus.”
Remember Jesus’ answer to those who sought to trick Him?
“Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.”
Don’t give Caesar, the Government, or any organization the reverence, allegiance and dependence due only to God. Don’t mislead or encourage others to bow to Caesar by acting as conduits for manipulating acts of “mercy.”
Recent examples of faith based organizations being used, monitored, muzzled and conformed include:
1. The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) passed by the U.S. House of Representatives on July 9,2014. Faith based initiatives who demonstrate compliant outcomes for government workforce schemes will continue to receive funding.
2. On July 21,2014 the current President signed an “executive order banning federal contractors from discriminating on the basis of “gender identity,” extending new legal protections to transgendered federal workers.
The so-called “Employment Non-Discrimination Act” (ENDA) was a key demand of the radical homosexual rights movement.
This is a very sweeping order. As CBS News noted, “The executive order … impacts an estimated 28 million workers, or one-fifth of the U.S. workforce.”
Moreover, many federal contractors are in fact religious charities and faith-based organizations performing social services for the government. And despite pleas from religious leaders, [the Caesar] refused to include any exemptions for religious groups. Thanks to [the Caesar], they will now be forced to accommodate transgendered and “transitioning” employees.” [Excerpt from Gary Bauer’s Campaign for Working Families Report, July 23,2014, [president name] substitution, and emphases, mine.]
- Faith based Abstinence programs that have partnered with the federal government are now being pressured to teach condom use to children in government schools.
- Faith based preschools that have partnered with state and federal governments for funding, are being forced to comply with government mandated curriculums, record and submit (via the Internet) personal information on children and families to be included in government tracking for uploading and outcome databases. This is not protecting the identity, privacy, futures, and reputations of these children or their families, nor is it providing them a truly faith-based education. This also places the workers in these programs in unethical situations that violate their own consciences.
5. The ongoing debacle called the “Affordable Healthcare Act”, nationalized healthcare, HHS rationing committees, and electronic healthcare records, continue to terrorize citizens’ privacy, pocketbooks, and care. These also intimidate, coerce and force both faith based organizations and private businesses to fund and promote behaviors, practices, and interventions that are in direct opposition to God, the mission statements of these organizations and their own values, beliefs and consciences as well as those who donate to these organizations. Most donors are completely unaware of the use of their funds when joined with infected government redistributions.
How can this secularization be redeemed? Can it?
The book of Ruth provides a clear example of how family is to look after family, even when the family may be an alien, and a widow caring for another widow. The historical account of Ruth also provides model-worthy insights as to the true integrity, humility, work ethic, noble honor, respect for human dignity, and dependence on God that a Kinsman Redeemer, ought to model across all time, in all cultures, economies and communities.
Ruth, Boaz and Naomi typify what we all must model and conserve in our culture today.
Alien, widow, and childless, Ruth became the great grandmother of King David and an ancestral matriarch of Mary who bore Jesus Christ.
Just think what blessings may have been severed had Boaz not followed God’s directives and had sent Ruth to some government aligned faith based initiative to be manipulated, maintained, and metrics mongered for some societal planning program.
It is not just the communists, fascists, and socialists that employ the concept of man exploiting man by secularizing the communities of faith. Which is why God, fully aware of human nature, has provided His manual, which when followed, ensures Liberty and Blessings, Life and Provision in this present world and eternally.
The church and faith based initiatives cannot pretend to be doing God’s Mercy, while aligned, controlled, and acting as conduits and ambassadors for an anti-God bureaucracy that opposes God’s commands and sets itself up as “god.”
“Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them.
If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do….
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”
In this day of cybersnooping, government regulations, coercion, and layers of bureaucracy, nothing a government registered non-profit does is “in secret” or free from government control.
Best get back to personal faith, personal initiative, private funding, and raise up some Ruths and Kinsman Redeemers holding to His Hand and administering His Mercy using His Methods pointing folks back to Him.
- cwfpac.com Gary Bauer’s Campaign for Working Families
Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas
Star Parker, CURE, Center for Urban Renewal and Education